Terms & Conditions
The iSMS.com.ng website is offered to you conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein. Your use of the iSMS.com.ng website constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions, and notices.
iSMS.com.ng reserves the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which the iSMS.com.ng website is offered, including but not limited to the changes associated with the use of iSMS.com.ng website.
To Use Our Services, You:
- Must be at least 13 years old (with some limited exceptions)
- May need to register with us to access and use some of our services and websites
- Must not initiate or participate in any activities on our services that are illegal, harmful, or interfere with anyone’s use of our services, including the sending of e-mail or instant messaging spam
If You Subscribe to One Of Our Paid Services, You:
- Must provide us with accurate billing information, which we will keep on file
- Agree to pay all charges incurred on your account
- Acknowledge that surcharges may apply to some services, all charges are nonrefundable, and we may change any of our paid services at any time
- Are responsible for all fees necessary to access our services
- May cancel a paid service by calling, or mailing a letter to us
You Also Agree That We:
- Can change or end our services at any time without notice
- Can place advertising, which supports our services, within applications, on web pages, on mobile devices and more
Sending and Delivery of Bulk SMS Messages
iSMS.com.ng will, when indicated as functional by System Status, send each SMS message to one of our SMS gateways for delivery to the relevant network, providing no error is displayed to suggest that this will not be done. BulkSMSNigeria.ng guarantees that under these circumstances all messages are SENT. However, delivery is the responsibility of third party networks and services, including the receiving device itself, and cannot be guaranteed. Delivery confirmations may only be available at certain times.
Bulk SMS Sender ID's
We cannot overemphasize the restrictions and policies that have rocked the SMS industry in recent years. The DND issue was just the beginning of what is fast becoming a stringent and controlled bulk SMS industry, thanks in no part to the increase in spam and scam messages.
The network operators with the support of the NCC are now taking bulk SMS from an individual level to more of a corporate service for firms and businesses. Because of this, it is now mandated that all Sender IDs used to send bulk SMS be registered with all GSM operators (MTN, GLO, AIRTEL, ETISALAT).
When Sender IDs are not registered on the operators’ portal, SMS sent with such Sender IDs are changed automatically by the GSM operators to a default one (For Example “Bulk SMS”). Without this change, the SMS will fail completely while you will still be charged for it.
For this new development, we will forward your Sender IDs for registration on form our end. Please, forward your list of regularly used sender ID’s to us on: [email protected]. Registration takes 5-7 days.
- Avoid sending unsolicited and scam related SMS from your account, as Sender IDs with such records are banned completely from being used in delivering bulk SMS.
- The operators also require that the Sender ID for registration should be used regularly, most especially for corporate information. The reason being that Sender IDs used sparingly gets removed from the database eventually.
We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this new development might cause you. We assure you that as always, we are on top of this situation and already making progress with getting as many IDs registered as possible. We advise that you please desist from sending unsolicited SMS from your account (ensure your recipients want to hear from you), and also use your Sender ID as often as possible to ensure it is not removed from the database. In the meantime, you can also include your Sender ID in the body of the message probably as a signature at the end pending when your Sender ID is registered.
Thank you for your continued patronage.
Use of the iSMS.com.ng Service to send abusive messages can be traced to the originator upon request from the Police and they will be liable for prosecution under the 1988 Malicious Communications Act. iSMS.com.ng is not responsible for content of messages sent by users of the service. iSMS.com.ng will co-operate with official inquiries into misuse of the service. You agree not to send abusive or defamatory messages through this service. Spam/unsolicited messages and bulk advertising through this service is not permitted. Messages containing sexual content are not permitted. Each message must be unique in content and purposeful, and may contain up to the permitted amount of characters. Please see the list of blocked sender names and spam words.
By using this service you agree to be bound by the Terms and Condition. iSMS.com.ng may change these terms and conditions at any time, and shall become effective immediately upon posting to this page.
Last revised: 10th September 2020